Reports to: Heya Masr Executive Director
Location: Based in Cairo with regular travels inside Egypt
Contract duration: One year, renewable
Application deadline: 20 July 2021
About Heya Masr
Established in 2017, Heya Masr Foundation is an Egyptian nonprofit. By parallelly and equally educating girls, boys, and parents, Heya Masr aims to restore the sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women, through building their self-confidence and empowering them to overcome all sorts of violence and act as agents of change to create a non-violent, socially just, healthy, and diverse society.
Our goal is achieved by organizing self-sustaining, community-based programs focused on character development delivered through educational classes on nutritional wellness, harassment and bullying awareness, and self-defense. These programs are held in partnership with local organizations, schools, and youth centers to empower the young generation to grow into healthy, hopeful, and influential society members.
Our Vision is for young Egyptian women to believe in themselves and fully realize and embrace their potential to become strong, confident, and independent agents of change.
The sustainable development goals that the foundation is working on:
UN SDG: 5-Gender Equality. 10- Reduce Inequalities. 3- Good Health and Well-being. 4- Quality Education for All. 17- Partnerships to achieve social impact goals.
The purpose of this position is to multiply the impact with our network by building curriculums, relationships, doing training, and empowering trainers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct training and empowerment efforts
- Analyze student test data
- Assess and discuss curriculum standards
- Research trends in instructional methods and educational technology, Conducting research and collaborating with educators, subject experts, policymakers, and other professionals to 2- develop quality curricula and learning resources.
- Creating stimulating lesson plans and recommending interesting additional resources. Developing a range of digital resources to optimize classroom learning and ensure ongoing learning outside of formal settings.
- Creating supplementary teacher and student guides, as well as resource packs.
- Review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials
- Observe work of the teaching staff to evaluate performance. Monitoring student progress and making relevant changes to curriculums.
- Provide feedback based on individual observations and student performance data
- Develop procedures for teachers to implement curriculum.
- Train teachers and other instructional staff in new content or technology
- Mentor or coach teachers in skill improvement
- Plan, organize and conduct training conferences and workshops
- Develop curriculums and deliver training with proficiency as facilitator and trainer
- Strengthen trainers with Training of Trainers (TOT) program and survey feedback loop
- Enhance teaching programs by assisting with facilitation and suggesting practical empowerment ideas
- Nurture relationships with facilitators
- Building and develop curriculums & trainings with tech platform
- Do group or individual coaching sessions to help other trainers.
- Build a team of trainers and empower them to deliver content online or in-person .
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon with the CEO.
Qualifications and Job Specifications
- Degree in education, or a related discipline.
- Master’s degree preferable.
- Fluency in the English language
- Knowledge of general and subject specific teaching skills and strategies
- 5+ years of teaching experience
- 2+ years of curriculum development experience
- 2+ years of teacher training experience
- Additional courses in instructional design.
- Strong digital and research skills.
- Excellent collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Great networking and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong planning skills, vision, and creative intelligence.
- A passion for education.
Interested Candidates, please send your CV in your email mentioning the job title in the email subject line. Please send your resume along with a brief explanation of your suitability and motivation for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a paid monthly, plus commission.