Reports to: Heya Masr Executive Director
Location: Based in Cairo with regular travels inside Egypt
Contract duration: One year, renewable
Application deadline: 15 July 2021
About Heya Masr:
Established in 2017, Heya Masr Foundation is an Egyptian nonprofit. By parallelly and equally educating girls, boys, and parents, Heya Masr aims to restore the sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women, through building their self-confidence and empowering them to overcome all sorts of violence and act as agents of change to create a non-violent, socially just, healthy, and diverse society.
Our goal is achieved by organizing self-sustaining, community-based programs focused on character development delivered through educational classes on nutritional wellness, harassment and bullying awareness, and self-defense. These programs are held in partnership with local organizations, schools, and youth centers to empower the young generation to grow into healthy, hopeful, and influential society members.
Our Vision is for young Egyptian women to believe in themselves and fully realize and embrace their potential to become strong, confident, and independent agents of change.
The sustainable development goals that the foundation is working on:
UN SDG: 5-Gender Equality. 10- Reduce Inequalities. 3- Good Health and Well-being. 4- Quality Education for All. 17- Partnerships to achieve social impact goals.
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for:
– Development and supervision
- Of all marketing and communications strategies for the Organization. This individual will oversee the
- Development of goals, strategies, and implementation plans to execute comprehensive marketing
- The marketing and Communications Manager will also oversee the launch and managing of new projects, services, and associated brands to meet profitability goals and targets.
– Assisting in management and strategies, email marketing, advertising, partnership development, and managing overall execution of the communications goals. The manager will also serve as the media relations expert and help to establish Heya Masr and its members as thought leaders to a broader audience. Through integrated public relations, this position will continue to increase the visibility of the organization’s many programs, events, and initiatives to the larger community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversees the organization’s email marketing campaigns for all departments and programs.
- Networking, and communicating Heya Masr’s mission to all stakeholders.
- Oversees digital and social media strategy, including the evolving digital market, and contributes new ideas to enhance the organization’s social presence. Developing content calendars with the senior content specialist, coordinating with a graphic designer for post designs, and moderating all social media platforms.
- Keeps an updated archive of Heya Masr’s digital assets including Digital and print designs, photo banks, videos, and documentaries.
- Updates website on regular basis, monitors analytics, identifies any areas of improvement to increase traffic, and manages the relationship with website development agency
- Leads assignments to support the strategic vision of Heya Masr organization; develops recommendations of marketing activities to increase revenue.
- Coordinate with freelance photographers, videographers, editors, designers, and interns during events.
- Coordinating with vendors and managing the communications team junior marketing staff members.
- Oversees the creation of marketing materials including managing graphic design projects to completion and acts as brand liaison to the organization to ensure consistent brand voice, vision, and aesthetic are achieved.
- Coordinating meetings with schools, universities, nurseries, and training centers to present Heya Masr kids programs to them and encourage them to join the programs.
- Fundraising and Grants Officer: Raising funds in Egypt to support the work of Heya Masr (She is Egypt) teams with the most vulnerable children in Egypt.
- Develop a network of private donors willing to support Heya Masr’s work in Egypt.
- Assist and support Heya Masr Managing Director to develop the “a Sustainable Members Program”, involving high profile private Egyptian/international donors committing to donate substantial donations to Heya Masr for several years.
- Support the organization’s financial sustainability strategy by identifying donor resources, raising funds, and writing proposals. This is through exploring fundraising opportunities, ensuring all aspects of donor management and fundraising requirements in effective coordination with other departments.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations and private corporations offering donations, and interested in implementing CSR or sponsorship activities.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization through various communication channels.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization. Organize fundraising events for the organization.
JOB REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or a related field, required Experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in communications and marketing, required
- Experience managing media relations and email marketing campaigns, required, Real Magnet experience a plus
- Experience managing social media communities for brands, required
- Print and online advertising experience preferred
- Experience managing staff and vendor relationships preferred
- Experience executing email and social media outreach to targeted audience segments required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional written, oral, proofreading, branding, design oversight, interpersonal, and presentation skill set.
- Management, analysis, and growth of social and digital advertising campaigns with measured results.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain beneficial media relationships on an organization’s behalf.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team-player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions, and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve conflict by identifying opportunities.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high work standards
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising and grant proposals.
Interested Candidates, please send your CV in your email mentioning the job title in the email subject line. Please send your resume along with a brief explanation of your suitability and motivation for the role to email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This person is expected to be driven by Heya Masr’s set of values, mission, be interested to work with community development, has an eye for opportunities, and is ready to help grow a young organization and grow with it.
The position is a full-time paid position. Paid monthly plus commission.
Please: Email the following documents (in English): CV (with employment references), a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and skills for the position Please send the documents to the email address info@HeyaMasr.org with “Communications and Marketing Manager ” in the subject line of the email
This is a paid monthly, plus commission.