Heya Masr is an NGO that aims to restore a sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women. It does that by delivering an educational program to young girls and boys in underprivileged areas aged 8 to 16. The program develops their character, raises their awareness of nutrition and health and teaches them how to protect themselves against sexual harassment.
Heya Masr is looking for a dynamic passionate young professional to join its team in Cairo Egypt. Our ideal candidate would be passionate about women’s empowerment and education and an independent self-starter who can help the organization grow and thrive.
This person is expected to be driven by Heya Masr’s set of values, mission, be interested to work with community development, has an eye for opportunities, and is ready to help grow a young organization and grow with it.
The position is a full-time paid position.
Fundraising and Grants Officer: Raising funds in Egypt to support the work of Heya Masr (She is Egypt) teams with the most vulnerable children in Egypt. The Fundraising Officer will work in close collaboration with Managing Director, he/she will proactively identify, build and maintain funding partnerships with high-profile private donors, companies, foundations, and other potential sources of fundraising in Egypt.
1- RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop a network of private donors willing to support Heya Masr’s work in Egypt.
- Assist and support Heya Masr Managing Director to develop the “a Sustainable Members Program”, involving high profile private Egyptian/international donors committing to donate substantial donations to Heya Masr for several years.
- Ensure regular communication and maintain a relationship with existing and new sustainable members. Identify and create specific and creative fundraising strategies.
- Liaise with Heya Masr team to match specific programs and funding needs to donor interests and priorities and to develop, review and submit high-quality project applications.
- Support the organization’s financial sustainability strategy by identifying donor resources, raising funds and writing proposals. This is through exploring fundraising opportunities, ensuring all aspects of donor management and fundraising requirements in effective coordination with other departments.
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations and private corporations offering donations, and interested in implementing CSR or sponsorship activities.
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers.
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgment of foundation gifts. Persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funding partners.
- Regularly monitor donor websites and funding platforms to identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
- Manage the submission process of various calls, requests, and bids for proposals.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization through various communication channels.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization. Organize fundraising events for the organization.
2- Representation / Public relations / Communication:
- Ongoing representation of Heya Masr with private donors, current and potential partners and supporters, Public Relations events when necessary.
- Support communication and develop donor specific communication when required Attention to the Heya Masr Child Protection Policy and Guidelines, related to Heya Masr communication but also to professional behaviors and attitudes.
- Bachelor degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising and grants proposal.
- Excellent writing skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English. • Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong ability to use social media platforms.
- Ability to create new ideas, work in teams, and network with people inside and outside the organization.
- Proficient user of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint programs. . Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising and grants proposals.
4- Working Conditions:
Working days: Sunday to Thursday, from 10:00 – 18:00. • Location: However, given the nature of the position, the Fundraising and Grants Officer should have high mobility.
5- HOW TO APPLY:
Please: Email the following documents (in English): CV (with employment references), a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and skills for the position Please send the documents to the email address info@HeyaMasr.org with “FUNDRAISING OFFICER” in the subject line of the email
This is an a paid monthly, plus commission.