Fundraising Specialist Intern
The recent political and social climate in Egypt has further amplified the struggles of girls and young women in Egypt as they attempt to break the boundaries and rise above cultural barriers.
Heya Masr (She is Egypt) was founded by Moody Demetry, who envisioned an organization that can provide opportunities for Egyptian youth, females especially, to proactively and consciously decide their own destiny. He established Heya Masr to equip girls with the knowledge and skills to challenge and change an environment that stumps their growth and potential. The organization is currently driven by a team of passionate volunteers with backgrounds in youth, gender, health, human rights and social services.
Heya Masr is a volunteer-based registered social non-profit organization with a mission of restoring a sense of dignity and pride in young Egyptian women (ages 8-18). We provide a nurturing safe environment where we deliver nutritional healthy lifestyle techniques, character development activities, sexual harassment awareness and self-defense strategies. As a result of that, we build their self-confidence and empower them mentally and physically to develop and strengthen their character from the ground up.Heya Masr is empowering a young generation of girls now for a better Egypt tomorrow.
Heya Masr targets young middle-class and disadvantaged women in the Egyptian society. Our goal is achieved through organizing self- sustaining, community-based programs focused on character development through educational classes on nutritional wellness, harassment awareness, and self-defense. These programs are being held in partnership with local organizations, schools, and youth centers to empower the teen women to grow into stronger, more hopeful and effective members of society.
Heya Masr is currently hiring a Fundraising Intern, this person shall be assisting the team in securing financial resources to Heya Masr to be able to sustain its existence, provide its services and deliver its impact.
This person is expected to be driven by Heya Masr’s set of values, mission, be interested to work with community development, has an eye for opportunities, and is able to capitalize on the market pool of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify funding opportunities matching the work of the organization
- Research new potential private corporations and international and local foundations and agencies for funding
- Compile and maintain a database of potential donors (donor mapping)
- Build and maintain professional relationship with existing donors and grant givers
- Manage the donors and grant givers requests, reports and needed documents and deliverable
- Support the team in the paperwork of donor contracts
- Manage donor and funding data in projects tracker
- Attend and participate in related activities and meetings
- Help with copy editing of proposals and reports
- Help in writing minor proposals and reports
- Support with marketing efforts to create needed materials for fundraising such as proposals and flyers
- The Fundraising Intern will report to Managing director and is expected to work closely with X and X
Job Qualifications & requirements:
- Young professionals or college gradate looking to gain experience working in a non-profit are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in the fundraising field is an asset
- Be available to work 24 hours per week
- Should be able to organize, lead and attend meetings in office location or other places
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Should be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and/or experience in the field of development and fundraising.
Interested applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter showing the reason behind their interest and why they are the best candidate to join Heya Masr to Info@HeyaMasr.org
Interviews will be held ASAP!
Send us a message: